Oh, How I Love Monday ! xp

|
This is the case of Val*(name changed due to privacy). He's one of my small Match class members. They put me there because there are kids that are particularly slow and since it's an enormous class it's easier to run it that way so those kids won't he lagging behind.

Anyway, this Val has a slow attention span and a little too difficult to handle. I am very inexperienced that I was too worried about my classroom management than the subject I need to deliver. When I realized that the material is not less important than classroom management, I started to articulate the material. One way kids draw attention is to copy what grownup says and that was what he did which pissed me off. As I said, I never dealt which children that much so I somtimes treat them as if they were my age(Or I was acting they're age (???)). We had this rule of giving sticker for good behavior and not getting sticker for bad behavior. Val was a bit annoying that morning (maybe from not having breakfast or whatever reason) and I took his sticker since not-getting-sticker threat didn't seem to work. Unpredictably, he tore the paper which they use to stick the stickers on into pieces (and literally pieces) and left the class without asking but politely taking the hall pass. The homeroom teacher caught him and asked whether he asked for permission or not which he didn't.

So he pulled the hall pass from his neck severing the hall pass while throwing his tantrum and causing a big commotion along the hallway inviting curious children as onlookers. Three male techers tried to catch him but this agile rugrat could get away and I met him in the "marketplace" later that day (so he left the school only with his uniform and most likely barefeet). I tried to give him a lolipop when I met him, I ended up losing cat-and-mouse to him. He didn't come to school the next day, but his parents brought him to school the day after that and I found out that causing commotion was the least of the trouble he caused; he punched a teacher on his face. I found that out from the other notorious students that he jumped and sent a jab on the teacher's face.

He came looking for me at my friend's place I'm staying now, unfortunately I was out that evening.

No comments: