Bittersweet Week

|
It started on last Monday (110509), two days before the last Final exam (Principle of Bio). I had no more final grade to be calculated, just waiting for this last one. Not procrastinating really paid off. I was so proud of myself :D hehehe (But I wasn't proud of myself being lazy the whole week)

So Monday, we had a BF practice for graduation. I was thinking of dumpling before the practice and I got, practically, a meal! We had some food from English department's senior farewell. It was..awesome! I loved the curry.

Thursday. Senior Banquet. The same place as last year, made me reminiscing on last
year's Senior Banquet. Seeing me and my friends on spots we "visited". The infamous bridge. The ballroom. The midnight shop. We didn't visit the swimming pool and bungalows, though. Visualizing Daron and Lerie running around making sure the program run well. Kessarin knocking a glass of coke causing a Niagara falls flowing to my Cinderella skirt. Shimona taking picture/video of Kishen carrying Daron. Flashes from cameras. Some things haven't changed, though. Deanna with her signature catchphrase ("One, two, three, smmiillleeee!!"), friends, food, and fun.

Wednesday, I had to invigilate PoB final test and there's not much to write about it.

Thursday. A day before graduation. We had practice in church and..that was something I looked forward to that day.

And Friday came. We had rehearsal and Kessarin arrived that evening. We got to church late and missed the Baccalaureate speech by Dr. Kai Arasola. Oh well. We spent the whole night experimenting make up on our clients (the graduands: Pheap and Bay) so we would know how to do their make up for the next day. We finished at 3 am and we had to wake up around 7am to do their make up on Saturday morning.


Saturday/Sabbath. I had my solo debut :D My knees were shaking like crazy, I could barely stand still. Called Rochael from the stage using cellphone so she could call Auntie Sheila and/or bring some water for the speaker and the translator. It was a successful attempt. hehehe Took more pictures. Busiest day. Science faculty lunch. Indonesian club farewell party. Religious concert. Malaysian Party. Eating out with friends.


Another early morning make up, dress up and head to church. Got caught in the rain. Heavy rain. Had lunch in cafeteria while watching an old promotional video of Mission College. Bayu was still lean in that video (that video was made more than 4 years ago I believe). Lepak in Deanna's house waiting for the Princess, watching NatGeo Channel and How I Met Your Mother. Returned to Auditorium. Gave some flowers and stuffed pig to some friends. Bay left that night and Pheap early the next morning. And that was Sunday.








Monday was an in lieu Visakha Bucha holiday (Hari Raya Waisak). I slept literally the whole day, exhausted from the weekend. And that was the anticlimax of the Bittersweet week. I was happy to have a small reunion with friends, hang out, eat, dress up, and have fun but that would be the last for quite a long time. Now Shimona's "No Goodbye" is playing again in my head. I think that song is a perfect theme song for the week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aiyoh... I feel macam ghost of the past for u liddat. wahahahhaa... I'm glad the song is meaningful...

ps: I miss the rain in MC - thunderstorms are so amazingly beautiful yet scary in MC... here in BKK, there' just too much STUFF in the way - can't see the horizon and not as much stormy winds... Heh. As u can tell I love rain. Just not flooding. Heh.