New Year Resolution

|
I've been living in Thailand for more than three years but, shame on me, my Thai is very limited. I can barely survive. I went to Bangkok yesterday and picked up a Lonely Planet's Thai Phrasebook.

But I didn't.

This is what happenned. (I know..I watched too much How I Met Your Mother)

My 2009 New Year Resolution was to read more books and watch more movies (how lame..). I'm doing great in squandering life.
And this are my progresses:
~Books I've read so far this year:
A Spot of Bother-Mark Haddon
The Witch of Portobello-Paulo Coelho
Hide and Seek-James Patterson
(Hmmm..not that many...:( )
~ Movies I've watched (for the list.)
"
3/6 - Watchmen
Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Patrick Wilson and Carla Gugino star in this adaptation of the famed graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
Onya: Uhhmmm..maybe..but not anticipating.

Today Onya: Nopes. Not interested. ( I read the spoiler on Wikipedia and TIME mag. though :P)

Monsters Vs. Aliens 3/27 - Monsters Vs. Aliens
Reese Witherspoon and Hugh Laurie star in this animated flick about a rag-tag band of mutants assembled by the U.S. military to thwart an invasion.
Onya: Reese Witherspoon? Hmm..Well..I won't say no to animation

Today Onya: I missed it. Still showing in Siam Paragon though.

4/3 - Fast & Furious 4
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel partner up once again to fight crime and drive really fast.
Onya: Yes, if there's nothing else to watch

Today Onya: No change of mind

5/1 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Hugh Jackman stars in this prequel to the X-Men trilogy exploring how Logan became the adamantium blade-wielding mutant Wolverine.
Onya:One of my favorite superheroes! But still, wait till someone download it :D

Today Onya: Someone really downloaded it; it was the leaked-from-the-studio-version one, with the unfinished 3D effects. Plot still very interesting. It's still awesome. Just the unfinished effects made it like a 60's movie. Downside of pirated copy.

Star Trek 5/8 - Star Trek
"Lost" creator J. J. Abrams reboots the beloved sci-fi franchise in this prequel exploring the early days of Kirk and Spock.
Onya: Zachary Quinto as Spock? Definitely anticipating someone to download it

Today Onya: Past Onya couldn't wait for someone to download it and went to Bkk to watch it. It was AWESOME!!! I'll post a review (more of comments, actually).

5/15 - Angels & Demons
Tom Hanks returns as the "Da Vinci Code" cryptologist Robert Langdon to thwart a plot by the Illuminati to blow up the Vatican.
Onya: Bet the book is better (like-almost-always)

Today Onya: Past Onya, you lost the bet! It was worth going down to Bkk and watched in Siam Paragon! SUPER!

Oh, mon, this is bad.

No comments: