Cross-Profession

|
Some people cross-dress, some other cross-gender. The other familiar with cross-culture, and I’m cross-profession. I keep saying that I wasn’t trained to be a teacher and I really wanted to work professionally as my training. Even so, it’s such an experience to work as a teacher. I really want to take the best out of this profession; I might hate it but I don’t want to waste my energy on complaining I want to be a survivor, a victor!

It’s only two weeks since my first day yet I could tell that in this profession, being with kids is when someone can fell the fullness of an abstract feeling. Being with children will help anyone to feel the sincerity, the essence of feeling itself, the true feeling, with no contamination of pride, envy, all “grown up” feelings.
I could say that I’ve felt the true “pride” when I could “tame” the MOST notorious student and made him do what I wanted him to do. Not that I was proud of myself that I achieve something, but I know that there is more of this kid from what he actually showed.

Educational psychologist would tell that this kid has ADHD, severe dyslexia, and anyone could tell he’s malnourished since his hair is orange (faded yellow combined with dirty brown). I know it’s too early to say that I successfully overcame him, but day-in-day-out, today I made him do his assignment. He actually came up with answer other students wouldn’t thought of. So as the period went by, he was the best student in class, for that period.

I’ve made my mission to make them at least learn something from my class. At least.
And that was another day for Miss Teacher.

1 comment:

Sendy Monarrez said...

Good to read that you have changed your mind a bit about working with kids. Wish you all the best :)
kids are amazing and there are many things we can learn from them. they are sooooo sweet!!! ;)