|
Sometimes, it startles me to realize how overwhelming changes could be. The feeling of being in my comfort zone is so pleasant, it's very annoying to be kicked out from it. Graduation, wedding, even birthday can be very overwhelming. Those occasions are expected to bring happiness, sense of achievement, yet, the aftermath of them is, somehow, painful.
Most them are not as painful as funeral or some other grievous occasions, but it still shattering some people.
Graduation gives us the great sense of achievement, yet separation from friends and family, anxiousness of new life, challenges, and work wash all the excitement of graduation away. So as wedding, for some people. And birthday for some people that are afraid of getting old, like myself.
And some of us may find comfort in each other presence, having each other in mind, and knowing that Someone never change.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wrote this song a few years ago - about friends parting ways. Since then, it has taken on new meaning when my brother passed away last year.

Hope that this song will help give you hope and comfort you.

No Goodbyes by Shimona - on ReverbNation.

OnZ'Q said...

Oh ya! I remember this song..You sang it on "Both Sides Now" concert..If I'm not mistaken..And Paps actually let me hear this song and I tod it was Regina Spektor's or someone, and he said it's yours. Wow!
It's a really good song :)
Thanks Shee!

Unknown said...

LOL... no worries. Glad to share. :)
Happy new year!!