|
So..yeah..I've been thinking lately..

As people were answering to their calls, like my brother as a pastor, his wife as a teacher and/or a pastor's wife, Shimona as a teacher, Daron as a linguist, and some other people, I prayed that God would send me to a place where I'm really needed. I prayed I would be doing what I love and trained to do, a scientist, but I don't see it lately any job call that fits me. The thing is, I prayed so that God would post me where HE thinks I'm needed, not where "I" want to be. I prayed that I would be ready to be sent anywhere in this world where I'm needed.

I was reading Reader's Digest the other day about slums in Mumbai, apparently the spots where they shot "Slumdog Millionaire". I've seen such place in Jakarta and some other places so it's new to me to see those images. I have the ability, like most people, to imagine things with my five senses. So as I looking at the images of Mumbai's slum, I was visualizing it in 3D-180degrees, feeling the heat, smelling the rotting garbage, hear the roaring garbage trucks and people talking in language-I-don't-understand-but-somehow-sounds-like-Hindi-movie and tasting the dust in the air. And that would be the last place I want to be. Not the best place on earth(the worst might be), yet, how if that's the place I'm needed the most?? Am I ready to be sent to those places??

I'm not a city girl that I'm more ready to be posted to some rain-forest-jungle areas rather than urban-jungle. But well...how about Mother Teresa? or Virgin Mary? Everyone knows Mother Teresa and what she had gone through. And Virgin Mary. She was fifteen (most probably) when she had Jesus. I was climbing trees and...no I was in high school get educated.

I think I should change what I'm praying for. Pray so I'll be ready to be sent whereever He wants me to be. It's not about me; it's about Him!

No comments: